European IT distributor and wholesaler portal
All information about 6396 IT distributors
News ITDistri.com

Acquisitions and partnerships for Blue Label, Intact Software Distribution and Redington

Africa: with Blue Label Telecoms group (which owns dematerialized product distributor Blue Label Distribution) looking to seal the €380m Cell C recapitalisation deal imminently, the company is also looking to snap up telephony specialist 3G Mobile for €133m1. The shares in 3G Mobile ought to be acquired in two stages. It explains the initial acquisition by Blue Label's subsidiary, The Prepaid Company, will be 47.37% of the issued share capital of 3G for a purchase consideration of €63m. The acquisition of the remaining 52.63% of the issued share capital of 3G Mobile will be for a purchase consideration of €70m. It believes the transaction will be completed in September. 3G Mobile operates in eight African countries, with offices in Botswana, Mauritius, Namibia and South Africa, and distribution channels into Swaziland, Lesotho, Zambia and Zimbabwe. It has distribution rights for all major tier one and tier two mobile device and handset manufacturers, including Apple, Samsung, Huawei, HiSense, ZTE and Nokia.

Security specialist Intact Software Distribution has won the distribution rights to Group-IB, a high-grade threat intelligence and anti-fraud solutions provider2. "The company's experience and threat intelligence is unprecedented, and has been fused into an eco-system of highly sophisticated software and hardware solutions to monitor, identify and prevent cyber threats", says Simon Campbell-Young, CEO of Intact Software Distribution. According to him, Group-IB is a perfect addition to the Intact stable, and Intact aims to offer a complete security solutions to clients. He says Group-IB is the unquestioned leader in advanced threat protection, and will benefit Intact's clients enormously. Intact, in turn, is well placed to help grow the Group-IB brand in South Africa and the rest of the continent, he continues. Group-IB has four flagship solutions that Intact will be offering its customers: Threat Intelligence, Threat Detection System (TDS), Secure Bank and Secure Portal.

Russian security editor Kaspersky Lab joined hands with broadliner Redington to distribute its wide portfolio of corporate security solutions across East Africa. The distributor will focus on expanding the market for Kaspersky's remote security monitoring, managed security, virtualisation security to mobile device security and management solutions in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda (source: IT Web South Africa 1 and 2, ChannelPost MEA).